Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I've been sewing!

Hello there, It's been a bit overcast here today.
 I really don't think the weather knows what it's doing lately. One minute 
It's sunny, the next it's raining, then it's sunny again.
I wish it would make up its melon already!!!

  I finished this darling little dress earlier today and decided to go outside to take some photos(the light wasn't great inside). But the weather had other plans, i got rained on while snapping these pics :( oh well! 


What do you think? I really hope my sweet-pea likes it (it's a secret).
I made it using this NEW LOOK pattern.


Cute huh! will definitely have to make the headband too!!! 


Here's a closer look, I love the crossover bodice.
And isn't the fabric sweet, I purchased it locally at a little fabric shop near my house.


The dress was fairly easy to construct and wasn't all-that time consuming to make. 
Even though it is a simple style,

 I would recommend it to a sewer with some experience, as it has a zipper opening in the back (They can be a bit tricky to master). Also the bodice is a crossover style, which is lined this could be a bit confusing to the beginner.


Did you see my nails? aren't they pretty...
 My Sweet friend, Sharon gave me a gift voucher to get them done. 
Isn't she the best!


Oh! And before I go thought I'd introduce you to trusty sewing machine - She's a Janome! 
 My beautiful Mum gave her to me for my 21st birthday - Thanks Mum!!! definitely one of my most used Favourite  presents. 



Anyways I better go, time to cook dinner! And do Bath-time etc...

Happy Sewing!

Linking to:
Sugar Bee Crafts
Funky Polkadot Giraffe 
Not just a Housewife
Creative Itch
Mommy by day Crafter by night
Sweet Little Gals
Vintage Wanna Bee 
Cherished Bliss
Sugar and Dots
Here Comes the Sun

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I wish I was better with patterns. I want to make my daughter a bunch of cute dresses. I would love it if you would stop by on Friday and share this at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, Thanks so much for stopping by! I will visit soon, thanks for the party invite.
      I hope you have a great weekend! Rochelle xo

      Delete

I ♥ comments!

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...